2011-10-26

Today, I learned..

That there is no such thing as the "magickal emotional empathy" people claim those who "save" them have. If you want to be saved, you will find a way and an excuse until that one moment where someone sends a text, or calls, or visits. When they do, they "saved your life" but in all reality, it was you who was waiting around for them to make an appearance because you truly didn't want to go through with it. When you decide to jump off the cliff, there won't be anyone there to grab you at the last second. It just won't happen. Life doesn't work like that.

Honestly, I don't even know how this realization makes me feel. There have been many times in my life that I have wanted to be saved. Yet, even while I waited around, no one has ever made an appearance. I suppose, in my case, the best way to be saved.. is to simply save myself.

A lesson could be learned here. Not everyone in your life is dependable, not even those of whom you think might be so. You can't live your life feeling weak without the strength of others. You need to be able to be strong for yourself, thus leading an example and inspiring dependability in others. Only then, when you are at your lowest, will those who have been impacted by you in their lives be called upon to lift you and provide you with their strength. For it is the power you have given them, that allows them to return it to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home